"I look for John Proctor that took me from my sleep and put knowledge in my heart!"

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Me, Myself, and I

I love to dance, secretly, though it may not be just and holy in Salem. I respect my morals, I do, but sometimes all things aren’t fair, so I gathered the girls to the forest. Tituba sang her Barbados songs while we danced around the fire. Uncle Parris just so happened to see us. Cousin Betty lays in bed in shock and Uncle Parris believes that we’ve done something in the woods. In Salem, there has been a rumor of witchcraft, I told Uncle Parris he should go down and say we danced but nothing else, especially not anything pertaining to witchcraft. Uncle Parris says he saw a dress on the ground as he saw us dancing, he says he saw someone running through the forest naked. I assured him that Betty had merely passed out when he frightened her. I guess I didn’t intentionally call out Tituba as a witch, but I did what I had to do. This accusation has now become a big thing in Salem and John Proctor has decided to come to town. I was a housemaid for John and Elizabeth Proctor, while in their house, John and I sort a got close. He swore on his wife’s grave that he would leave her and live his life with me. He taught me so many things. You can say I live my life based on what John taught me. Oh how I love him! The only thing stopping me is that darn Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment